Tbikha Kale with Pinto beans and Roasted Red peppers
Recipe: Serves 4
– Two bunches of Tuscan Kale (or curly kale)
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 1 can pinto beans, drained
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 5 green onions, chopped
– 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (or whole depending on your taste)
– 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
– 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tsp cumin, freshly ground
– 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled and finely diced
– The juice of 1/2 lemon
Wash the kale and remove the stems. Chop roughly and set aside.
Pour the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions, cover and cook until translucent but not browned, stirring frequently. Add garlic, jalapeno pepper, cumin, paprika and herbs and cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the chopped kale, cover and cook until wilted and the leaves turn bright green. Season with salt and pepper. Add the beans, drained, and the roasted red pepper. Stir, cover and let cook for another 10 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
Serve in a plate drizzled with some good olive oil, the lemon juice and sprinkle with chopped coriander and green onion.